ADVENT SMALL GROUPS
- A Walk in the Woods: Take a moment to breath deeply, quiet your brain and spend time with friends in reservation and Greenwood garden woods during the lunch break. Mondays at Noon, Nov. 28(at the dog park at the South Mountain Reservation for the first week) and Dec. 5 and 12. Please contact Maggie Tuohy or Susan Holtz for details.
- Sisters in Faith: Sisters will be discussing the book, 'The Journey Walking the Road to Bethlehem" by Adam Hamilton. Mondays @7:30pm, November 28 via Zoom.
- Meditations with Mary – In this short series, we will reflect upon Mary’s journey through prayer, word and art. Based on the book Rejoice, Advent Meditations with Mary by Fr Mark Toups we will reflect together on the artwork by Mark Moyers, and be in a time of reflection about Mary and our own stories of expectancy, arduous journeys, friendships, intimacy and more. Buying the book is optional, the link is HERE. Tuesdays at 7pm, November 15, 22, 29 and Dec 13. Join on Zoom.
- Advent Baking – Join some of Morrow’s best cookie bakers and learn their secret Christmas cookie recipes, tips and tricks. The recipes and ingredients will be available on the Morrow Church website so you can be ready to go. An excellent group for parents and kids together as well as everyone! Sundays at 4pm for one hour, November 20, 27 and December 4 and 11. Join on Zoom:
- The Songs of our Heart – The words of Advent: peace, hope, love and joy are also the words that speak into our hearts often through music. The Sunday morning discussion group invites you to bring a song (not necessarily religious or Advent) corresponding to our advent themes on Sunday morning for us to hear and to hear how the themes speak to you. Sundays at 9:30am @ Morrow in the Second Mile Room, November 27 and December 4, 11, 18.
- Companions in Faith: The Grandmothers of Jesus – The gospel of Matthew begins the Christmas story with a genealogy of Jesus. Five women are included in this family tree: Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba and Mary. We will look at their stories and wonder together about their inclusion in this birth narrative. Wednesdays @ 9:30am, November 30 and December 7, 14. 21. Join on Zoom: